Interval Training is Kickin’ My Ass
I have started something new this week to intensify my workouts and really target in on fat loss. It is something that I have read a lot about on Fitness Black Book and I must admit that the shorter workouts are nice yet I still feel like I get a kick ass workout.
The program I am using to help guide these workouts is from Craig at Turbulence Training. Although this link is an affiliate link, I so far can attest that there is value in the package and I will see some strong results. Here is how the past two days of workouts looked:
1. Prisoner Squat – 15 repetitions
2. Jumping Jacks – 40 repetitions
3. Plank – 45 second hold
4. Stability Ball Leg Curl – 15 repetitions
5. Incline or Regular Pushups – 12 repetitions
6. Side Plank – 20 second hold per side
7. Sumo Squat – 15 repetitions
8. Inverted Row – 8 repetitions
- Rest 1 minute before repeating the circuit up to 2 more times.
By the end of the third set I was beat – I was sweating like a pig and my muscles felt fatigued. In my mind that is a good workout.
1. Warm-up for 5 minutes.
2. Perform an interval by exercising for 2 minutes at a harder than normal cardio pace (at a subjective 8/10 level of intensity).
3. Follow that with “active rest” for 2 minutes by exercising at a slow pace (at a subjective 3/10 level of intensity).
4. Repeat for 4 intervals.
5. Finish with 5 minutes of a cool-down at a 3/10 level of intensity.
Although this is only phase 1 of the workout program, this felt good and really burned.
Overall, I am excited about starting this program in my trek to get fit, lose weight, and maybe one day be ripped.